Fulltime/ Kingfisher International Inc./Canada
Posted on 26/05/2021
Chosen applicants will be contacted for an interview.
You will work as an integral part of our animal health team, using your knowledge and practical skills to provide gold standard veterinary care in support of scientific research. You will work alongside a team of veterinarians, veterinary technicians, and animal care attendants.
- Feeding, cleaning and watering of animals and animal rooms.
General animal care, such as nail trims, ear cleaning and providing enrichment.
- Handle and restrain animals for procedures.
- Observing animals and bringing any physical or behavioural abnormalities to the attention of the Veterinarian and/or Study Director.
- Promptly and accurately record data.
- Treat animals by oral, SQ, IM, and IV routes of administration.
- Collect blood, urine, and other samples in a professional, accurate, and atraumatic manner.
- Perform other diagnostic tests and procedures as needed (e.g. cytology, manual differentials).
- Assist with veterinary procedures, anaesthesia, necropsies and surgeries.
Skill and Qualifications
- Completed a Veterinary Technician/Technologist Diploma from an accredited program.
- Knowledge of CCAC guidelines and previous GLP/GCP experience an asset but not required.
- Strong organization and management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
- Competitive wage commensurate with experience.
- Fully covered group health benefits offered after a 3 month probation
- 10 Paid Personal Emergency Leave days/calendar year
- CE opportunities including coverage.
- RVT dues coverage.
- Uniforms provided.